Budget Deck: Legend F2P Control Shaman
It is the time of the week where we share a rather cheap deck with high potential to reach Legend in Ranked Play. There would be no legendaries in the deck and the only epic card being Doomhammer.
Since it is a Control Shaman deck, the idea is to gain control of the board by utilizing cards like Earth Shock, Lightning Bolt, and Lightning Storm. The strong removals plus efficient minions is to dominate the board for your late game offensive power – Doomhammer, Argent Commander, Fire Elemental as well as Lava Burst.
Legend F2P Control Shaman Deck
- Earth Shock x 2
- Lightning Bolt x 2
- Rockbiter Weapon x 2
- Flametongue Totem x 2
- Feral Spirit x 2
- Hex x 2
- Lava Burst
- Lightning Storm x 2
- Mana Tide Totem
- Unbound Elemental x 2
- Fire Elemental x 2
What to Mulligan
- Druid – Look for removal and minions like Unbound Elemental / Chillwind Yeti. An early Hex would be useful in case he innervates something tough to deal with, and against Token Druids try to keep a Lightning Storm handy in case they get massive Violet Teacher value. It is usually a good idea to keep an Earth Shock for late game when you’re preparing to finish him off incase of a Taunt.
- Hunter – Look for Feral Spirit and removal. Try not to put too many minions on the board, and when Hunter plays a trap, try to think about what is most likely given the situation, and try your best to play around it.
- Mage – Look for Feral Spirit and removal. Be prepared for Flamestrike around turn 6 or 7. If you suspect he’s a Freezing Mage, mulligan for board presence instead and try to burst him down as fast as possible.
- Paladin – Look for Feral Spirit and removal. Lightning Storm would be pretty good. Try not to hold back too much so that Divine Favor won’t benefit the Paladin. Be careful of the Equality + Consecration combo, and when against a Control Paladin, try to preserve your Hex and Earth Shock for late game.
- Priest – Look for early board presence – Unbound Elemental / Feral Spirit / Chillwind Yeti. Try to go for early pressure as much as possible.
- Rogue – Look for early board presence since most Rogues are Miracle Rogue. Put on early pressure and be prepared to deal with Gadgetzan Auctioneer around turn 5. A Chillwind Yeti on the board by turn 4, would make the Rogue think twice before summoning the Gadgetzan Auctioneer or even Azure Drake.
- Shaman – Look for Lightning Bolt and Lightning Storm.
- Warlock – Since you won’t be sure that whether this will be a Handlock or Zoo, try to look for removals. Earth Shock and Hex would be great against Handlock, and Lightning Bolt, Rockbiter Weapon, Lightning Storm and Feral Spirit would be great against Zoo. Try to look for a combination of these cards unless you know exactly what you’re facing. Zoo would be a tough matchup for this deck.